Sipa via AP Images
Macron greeted the Oscar-winning actress at the Elysee Palace in Paris. Both women dressed formally for the occasion. Jolie wore a white dress and gray shawl while Macron wore a white button-down shirt and a blazer.
An eyewitness told E! News the women met to discuss Syrian refugees. Jolie travelled to the Za’taari refugee camp in Jordan with her daughters Shiloh, 11, and Zahara 13, earlier this week.
However, this wasn’t the only matter of business Jolie had to attend to. She also stopped by the hotel Le Meurice for a photo shoot. Still, she managed to squeeze in a little family time in between appointments. On Tuesday, Jolie visited the famous art museum the Louvre with all six of her children, including Shiloh, Zahara, Maddox, 16, Pax, 14, and the twins Knox and Vivienne, 9.
“They had several escorts waiting for them and they were given a private tour of the museum,” an eyewitness told E! News. “The children were very well behaved and stuck close together. The girls were holding Angelina’s hands and [were] very affectionate with her. They all enjoyed walking around and being together. Their tour lasted about an hour and the kids all got along great, laughing and chatting. They didn’t fight with one another and seem to all be best friends. They admired the pyramid in the courtyard on their way out before heading back to their hotel.”
Marie-Mai made me experience a lot of emotions last night at the Celebration Gala ! OMG!
The famous singer offered an incredible medley of the best songs of her idol Beyoncé , including Crazy In Love , Who Run The World (Girls) and Freedom .
She also took the opportunity to perform some pieces of the legendary band Destiny’s Child : the inevitable Bootylicious and the hymn to freedom Survivor.
You can see the fabulous number of the superstar below:
How did you find Marie-Mai’s performance ? Was the Celebration Gala up to your expectations this year?
The star is currently working on her next album, which should be released this year. I can not wait to hear his new songs!
Eddy Merckx has called on Chris Froome to ride the Giro d’Italia in 2018 and emulate his achievement of holding all three Grand Tour titles at the same time. Merckx won the Giro-Tour double in 1972 and then won the Vuelta a España the following year, while Bernard Hinault won the three Grand Tours in the same sequence in 1982-83.
Froome won his fourth Tour de France in July and then added a maiden Vuelta victory in September. Although the Sky rider has said winning a record-equalling fifth Tour is his priority in 2018, he has not ruled out the idea of tackling the Giro.
“Froome would do well to come to the Giro next year. In fact, being a champion, he has to come, even if he has a fifth Tour win in mind,” Merckx told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “And if Dumoulin is there too, it will be a beautiful duel. I don’t know who would win.”
In 2017, Nairo Quintana (Movistar) attempted the Giro-Tour double but fell short both in Italy, where he placed second to Dumoulin, and France, where he could only manage 12th overall. Quintana’s fatigue during the Tour led many to question whether attempting a Grand Tour double was still feasible, though Froome’s subsequent Tour-Vuelta combination provided something of a counter-argument.
“For a rider like Froome, I say it is [possible]. He showed it this year with the Tour-Vuelta double,” said Merckx, who was speaking at the Castello d’Oro awards ceremony in Valdengo. “He has the mentality and the motivation to achieve the feat – or at least to try it.”
Giro director Mauro Vegni has made several public overtures to Froome in recent months, telling Cyclingnews in September that the Briton could “make history” by winning the corsa rosa.
The route of the 2018 Giro will be unveiled in Milan on Wednesday, though Vegni jokingly decried to Tuttobici that much of the suspense has been removed from the presentation as much of the course was leaked in the Italian press in recent weeks. Vegni added, however, that RCS Sport would soon be in a position to announce some news of the main participants in the 2018 Giro.
“By now you know everything because it seems there’s a competition among the newspapers to publish the route ahead of time, but we still have to reveal something important regarding the participants,” Vegni said. “And there will be surprises…”
A recent report in the Times suggested that Froome was giving serious thought to returning to the Giro for the first time since 2010, when he was excluded from the race for holding onto a police motorbike on the Mortirolo.
Froome is not slated to attend Wednesday’s Giro presentation at RAI television studios in Milan, but 2017 winner Tom Dumoulin, 2016 champion Vincenzo Nibali, Italian champion Fabio Aru and the newly-retired Alberto Contador are among the confirmed guests.
Aru has already confirmed that he will tackle the Giro and Vuelta in 2018, while Dan Martin will lead UAE-Team Emirates at the Tour. Nibali has yet to announce his 2018 plans, though it seems unlikely that he will miss the Tour for a second successive season.
Want more great content? Listen to our weekly Cyclingnews Podcast, featuring in-depth race reports from the biggest races, and exclusive interviews with the stars of the sport.
In the letter, Houska and Lowry are accused of “defamation of character, libel and slander,” according to the documents obtained by RADAR Online.
“You are hereby warned and notified to cease and desist making false and defamatory statements regarding Mr. and Mrs. Eason and their family affairs,” the letter reads. “It has come to our attention that false and defamatory statements disparaging Mr. and Mrs. Eason’s character have been made by you via numerous social media postings.”
Evans, 25, married boyfriend David Eason on September 23 and their wedding was featured on the season 8 finale of the hit MTV series. The Read Between the Lines author has had a rocky relationship with Houska and Lowry and accused them of saying untrue things about her in the past.
Houska and Lowry, both 25, took to social media to respond to Evan’s letter.
“I just got a cease and desist from Jenelle and David. So there’s that lolll. #idonteventalkaboutyou,” Houska wrote.
“How does one get a cease & desist from someone they don’t care to talk about… & if i did, it’s my opinion #hijenelle #byejenelle,” Lowry tweeted.
The Pride Over Pity author also responded to Houska’s tweet, adding, “She literally posted my number on twitter last year but we get cease & desists.”
Fellow cast member Leah Messer chimed in on Twitter when a fan asked her if she also got a cease and desist letter from Evans.
“We shall see.. I haven’t made it home yet,” Meeser wrote. “I was literally harassed for a week or two via text messages from Jenelle after I was home from the reunion #thisiscraziness.”
Evans has starred on Teen Mom 2 with Houska, Lowry and Messer since January 2011. Briana DeJesus joined the cast earlier this year, and has yet to comment on the letter.
According to palace officials, the couple is set to tie the knot in spring 2018 – but one big question remains. What will Markle’s title be after she weds the prince?
A source confirms to Us Weekly that the actress, 36, is rumored to become the first Duchess of Sussex when she marries the royal, 33, next year. Traditionally, male members of the royal family receive a title from the monarch on their wedding day, making the vacant title Duke of Sussex the most probable choice for the prince.
Charles Kidd, editor of Debrett’s Peerage & Baronetage – a professional coaching company, publisher and authority on modern etiquette – said, “They’re quite limited in the titles that are available. The Duke of Sussex is the front-runner without any doubt.”
The previous Duke of Sussex – like Prince Harry – lived at Kensington Palace and married out of love rather than selecting a bride who fit the traditional royal mold.
He was married twice, but neither woman was approved by his father, George III, which ultimately meant they were considered unlawful. This means Markle would be the first woman permitted to use the title HRH The Duchess of Sussex.
If Prince Harry turns down a title, his wife would be known as HRH Princess Henry of Wales. However, due to his bond with his grandmother, the Queen, who chooses the title, it’s unlikely he’d do that. A source tells Us the palace is expected to confirm the title on Tuesday, November 28.
As previously reported, Clarence House confirmed the happy news on behalf of Harry’s father, Prince Charles, on Monday, November 27. The statement said, “His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince Harry to Ms. Meghan Markle. The wedding will take place in Spring 2018. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.”
Bailey Sellers’ was just 16 when her dad, Michael, died of cancer. But before he passed away, the thoughtful father of four from Tennessee arranged for flowers to be sent to Bailey on every birthday until she turned 21. On November 24, Bailey received a beautiful purple bouquet, her last from Michael.
The Eastern Tennessee University student shared a photo of the gift and the card on Twitter, where it has racked up more than 1.5 million likes. The note read: “Bailey, this is my last love letter to you until we meet again. I do not want you to shed another tear for me my Baby girl for I am in a better place. You are and will always be the most precious jewel I was given. It is your 21st birthday and I want you to always respect your momma and stay true to yourself. Be happy and happy live to the fullest. I will be with you through every milestone, just look around and there I will be. I love you boo Boo and Happy Birthday!!! Daddy.”
Michael’s widow, Kristy Sellers, told ABC News on Sunday, November 26, that each of their children, who range in age from 21 to 33, received an embroidered handkerchief that he prayed over before his death. She added that he wanted his eldest daughters Morgan and Abigail, 25, to use the hanky in their bridal bouquets.
“He was my best friend. I looked up to him so much,” Bailey told ABC News. “He was just an overall great person.”
Michael Sellers died August 25, 2013, at the 56 — six months after he was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
“Ever since my dad passed away, I’ve hated my birthday and I dread it every year because he always made it so special,” Bailey told The New York Post on November 25. “I was especially dreading my 21st birthday because I knew it would be the last year.”
How does one make their debut to society? If you’re Ava Phillippe, it’s with custom Payal Mehta Jewels. The 18-year-old daughter of Reese Witherspoonand Ryan Phillippe made her formal debut to society this past weekend at Le Bal des Debutantes 2017 in Paris, with bespoke baubles courtesy of famed jewelry designer Payal Mehta.
Mehta worked with Phillippe over the last year leading up to the event, finding out her likes, history, passions and personal style to create couture pieces for the momentous occasion.
The result? A unique ring with both a bird and floral motif. Mehta explained that the ring’s design was inspired by Phillippe’s name. “The name Ava is derived from the Latin word for bird, so she closely identifies with the symbol — it’s also a symbol for freedom and serenity.” explained Mehta. But the soaring bird wasn’t the only part of the gorgeous sparkler — there was also the floral element. The beautiful bauble was complete with a lotus flower made of pink sapphires (one of Phillippe’s favorite stones) and the ring itself had a rose gold band (another Phillippe fave). Mehta explained their choice of the Lotus because it is a unique flower that “brings exceptional beauty” wherever it grows.
The designer and debutante also decided on the perfect accompaniment to her Giambattista Valli high-neck, long-sleeved rose gold gown: rare brown diamond drop earrings. In the words of Mehta, the sparklers had clean and simple lines, but were modern, “capturing the aesthetic of royalty for the modern age.”
Meghan Markle’s half-sister, Samantha Markle (also known as Samantha Grant), spoke to Us Weekly exclusively about the Suits star and Prince Harry, who announced their engagement on Monday, November 27.
“It was really exciting for me, I am so happy for her,” Samantha tells Us Weekly exclusively. “It was kind of funny, it was like my boyfriend showed it to me and I was on the phone with my father and I got to let him know too. We didn’t know it was going to come out this soon, so it was nice to wake up to.”
The bride-to-be’s parents, Doria Ragland and Thomas Markle, released a statement after the engagement news broke saying they were “incredibly happy for Meghan and Harry.”
During the couple’s first joint interview on Monday, Meghan confirmed Harry has spent time with her mother, but revealed her new fiancé has not yet met her father. A source confirmed to Us Weekly exclusively that Harry asked Ragland for her daughter’s hand in marriage in Toronto when they were in town for the Invictus Games in September.
Samantha also spoke to Us about their father’s reaction to the engagement: “He’s very excited, just like the statement he released, he is truly happy about their union, but what’s important if it’s Prince Harry or anyone else, you want to make sure someone you love gets married, that they know enough about the person they’re marrying and they’ve had a while to get to know each other. So now my father and I are both so excited because they’ve had a long to time get to know each other and they know what they want to do. That’s really important for us.”
Royal palace officials confirmed Meghan and Harry plan to wed in Spring 2018. According to Samantha, Thomas wants to walk his daughter down the aisle.
“I’m sure he wants to walk her down the aisle, I know he wants to do it,” Samantha told Us. “My brother said, in error, that he’s a recluse, but he’s not, he’s a shy guy now, he’s a quiet man, but he’ll speak when he feels it’s appropriate. He gave me permission to say how happy he is, but he’ll talk when he’s ready.”
As for Samantha’s relationship with Meghan, she told Us it has “been a bit” since the pair have spoken.
“It’s been such a whirlwind with us and I’m sad she believed some of the other interviews I did where words I never said were taken out of context, so it’s been a bit since we’ve spoken,” Samantha explained.
As previously reported, Samantha confirmed she is writing a memoir, The Diary of Princess Pushy’s Sister, last month.
“Everyone assumes my book is a slamming tell all, which it is not, now it can be egg in their faces and everyone can say what they think, my book is not a slam piece and it is important historically,” Samantha told Us about her forthcoming book. “I wasn’t in a position to release what it was about, they assumed the worst and I think that’s unfair and our family members who spoke about my book shouldn’t be doing so.”
The Real Housewives of Orange County star, 33, announced in a blog post on Monday, November 27, that she is pregnant with a baby boy, who is due in June 2018. She shared the news with her costars in October while filming the Bravo reality series’ season 12 reunion. The episode airs on Monday night.
“So we’ve made it to the announcement: Aspen is going to be a big sister!” Meghan wrote on her blog. “It was so hard for us to keep it a secret from everyone especially since we shared our entire IVF journey with Aspen on RHOCfrom the very beginning. Tonight on the RHOC reunion you’ll see that I’m only one month pregnant, but that was filmed five weeks ago: we are now ten weeks pregnant (and I’m feeling every bit of it)!”
Meghan and Jim tied the knot in October 2014. They welcomed daughter Aspen, 12 months, in November 2016 after undergoing in vitro fertilization.
The Bravo star wrote that she and the former MLB center fielder, who has four other children from previous relationships, discussed expanding their family soon after Aspen was born. She began the IVF process again this summer once baseball season ended for the Fox Sports Midwest broadcaster. Ultimately, Meghan produced 10 mature, fertilized eggs, all of which made it to the zygote stage.
“Fast forward to today and I am pregnant!” she gushed in her blog post. “I’m not feeling the greatest but we know that it will all be worth it in the end. Aspen will make a fabulous big sister at only a year-and-a-half old in June 2018! Oh, what about the biggest question: Boy or girl? Think blue this time around!”
Meghan exclusively told Us Weekly in August that she’d love to have “five babies,” adding that Aspen helped strengthen her marriage. “We have this new found respect for each other,” she told Us. “It’s almost like we fell in love all over again.”
The Real Housewives of Orange County two-part reunion concludes on Bravo on Monday, November 27, at 9 p.m. ET.
Their hands are full! Jason Biggs and wife Jenny Mollen welcomed their second son, Lazlo Biggs, on October 2 and Us Weekly recently caught up with the American Pie actor to see how being a dad of two has been — and to find out about his new holiday movie. Watch the video to hear more!
“He’s actually a really good baby. We’ll literally go hours and we’ll be like, ‘Have you changed him?’ … ‘No, I haven’t changed him. Have you changed him? Should we check his diaper?’” Biggs, 39, admitted, “We check his diaper and there’s like a blowout. We’re like this poor kid has been sitting in a pile of his own s –it for the last – how long?!”
Not only is he busy being a dad of two, but the actor is also kicking off Freeform’s Countdown To 25 Days of Christmas tonight with their first original holiday movie, Angry Angel. “The movie is really cool. It’s not your typical holiday movie. It’s a little edgier,” he told Us.
“I’m sent to be an angel. When you’re sent back to be an angel you get to choose what body you’d like to come back in … He understandably chose the body of film and TV star Jason Biggs. So it’s kind of funny, I get to play this heightened version of myself.”
When we asked Biggs if he’d be qualified to go to heaven, he said: “It depends on who’s doing the judging, I would like to think that I would be qualified!”
Catch him in Angry Angel on Freeform Monday, November 27, at 9 p.m. ET.